Wim Kaijser

Why does Mendeley non create citations in Word?

Hello,

Till yesterday I could utilise Mendeley to cite any reference I wanted. However, today it stopped working. The Mendeley plug-in is withal there and I tin select the reference I want to site. Nevertheless, when I press okay to cite the reference nothing appears. I have tried multiple things, restarting the figurer, removing the plug-in and adding it again, resetting Mendeley desktop and united nations-installing and re-installing Mendeley, just non of these deportment solved the trouble.

Does someone know what might be incorrect and how to solve this problem? In advance, thanks for helping.

Regards,

Wim Kaijser

ResearchGate Logo

Go help with your research

Join ResearchGate to ask questions, get input, and advance your work.

Most contempo answer

Indian Institute of Information technology Vadodara

How-do-you-do everyone,

I am finding the problem in calculation the commendation. When I click on the insert citation, it shows iii options - add new source, add new placeholder, and search libraries. I tried everything to cite the reference but not able to.

Can anyone please help me out in solving this problem?

Pop Answers (1)

The Academy of Sheffield

This is uncomplicated and works amazingly:

While on the discussion document:

ane. press CTRL+SHIFT+* to show paragraph mark icon

ii. printing ALT+F9 to show index

3. Click "references toolbar" and so click "insert citation"

4. if the error appear, press delete(this deletes the gray highlight index).

v. Repeat (3) and (4) until the error terminate. Your problem is solved.

All Answers (124)

Midlands State University

Oh very sorry, I in one case experienced that just I just uninstalled the word plug in and added it once more and synced the database. For me it worked.

Before uninstalling and reinstalling first, make sure that your Give-and-take application is completely airtight.

Re-download the word plugin from tools bill of fare of Mendely desktop. Rtestar your machine. Hopefully you will able to cite.

Academy of Duisburg-Essen

And so, the problem I encountered was possible caused by the fact that I utilise Microsoft office 365. Nonetheless, I used this version in the years before and information technology work perfectly fine. Hence, I switched to Zotero, which does not cause any problems.

Did you e'er solve the problem? I've got the same issue now

I was having this same problem and found a solution that worked for me. It turns out that Mendeley thought in that location was issues with the information for some of the papers I was citing. I had to click on each of the articles, and then on the correct window a dialogue box appeared starting with "These details need reviewing." Once I clicked the "Details are Correct" button, and then synced Mendeley Desktop and pushed the Refresh push button in the Mendeley Cite-O-Matic tab in Word, it fixed the problem for me and I was able to cite as expected.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: It worked for some of the papers I was trying to cite, just it looks like many of my citations are still not beingness added correctly subsequently doing what I described.

  1. Make certain you are on the latest version of Give-and-take:
    • Click 'Assistance'.
    • Click 'Bank check for updates.'
  2. Uninstall the Mendeley Discussion plugin.
  3. Restart your auto.
  4. Reinstall the Mendeley Give-and-take plugin.

Medical Enquiry Council Unit of measurement, The The gambia Unit of measurement

i take a problem with mendeley discussion plugin and i have uninstalled information technology and reinstalled but is not appearing in word. could whatsoever one help

The Academy of Manchester

I fixed this fault that occurred later on I updated to a the most contempo version of Mendeley. I tried several things, but in the end I found out that the error was sending me to a specific part of my certificate. I deleted the citation nearest to this and got it working. I had to restart my university PC a few times, simply I believe that'south an error with the motorcar/network itself as it happens for other things.

I wanted to put the other things I tried too, as there may be more than one cause and I don't know if they would also have caused problems. I tried removing and reinstalling the discussion plugin and going through the 'details are correct' fix Brennan spoke about. I as well looked for the identifyer 'ADDIN', to see if they were whatever of these strings on their own (link to answer/advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-united states/msoffice/forum/all/error-citation-bibliography-is-wrongly-placed-in/92d68bd0-d905-4b69-9de7-f2350c8e176f). On the aforementioned page, the thing that seems to accept worked was:

"Word was pointing on a particular piece of text with some commendation that has a error (also bad it'southward not highlighted). You lot need to identify which citation is corrupted and delete information technology (merely copy different parts of your text into a new word document + compile bibliography again, so that way yous can eliminate the corrupted citation)."

Institute of Nutrient Science and Technology

hi i have problem with my mendely in mac it show "Citation/Bibliography is wrongly placed in alphabetize area, please delete the placed citation/bibliography in index area." error

how Can i fixed it

Universiti Sains Malaysia

I have the aforementioned problem too...starting today... it show "Citation/Bibliography is wrongly placed in index area, please delete the placed citation/bibliography in index expanse."

Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa

Hi, I have the same problem with Mendeley bibliography on Word for Mac Citation/Bibliography is wrongly placed in alphabetize area, please delete the placed citation/bibliography in index area.

How tin I fix this? No one of the previous solution has worked.

Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain.

As commented previously:

- press ALT+F9 in the document.

- delete the highlighted references (in my manuscript, in grayness);

- I also deleted all the inserted bibliography (not the references)

- I closed and opened discussion and Mendeley.

- And so, information technology worked once again, and I inserted again the bibliography

The deleted references were two, and they corresponded to an older ref. managing director program. I approximate the previous Mendeley version ignored them, but the updated one did non, instead they generated an mistake.

All-time luck!

Accept aforementioned problem - was working as of iii days ago on my Mac (Give-and-take for Mac)- today it does non work - I get an error message on Mendeley proverb that "the bound address is already in use".. I get an mistake message on Give-and-take - pop up box for Visual Basis - Error 53. I shut that and then get libc.dylib(53) in Mendeley Plugin non found. I installed Mendeley on my PC and information technology works fine. I am guessing that an update on has corrupted the file call outs...on the Mac version - either with Give-and-take for Mac or the Mendeley version for Mac. I have tried the uninstall/reinstall guidance...no success...

Politeknik Sultan Idris Shah

Hi all, I take the same trouble too afterwards I updated the contempo version of Mendeley. Thanks to Jose Luis Perez-Gracia for your propose.

Pontificia Universidad Javeriana

I take the aforementioned problem I get an error bulletin on Give-and-take - pop upwards box for Visual Ground - Error 53. anyone found whatsoever solution ?

Thank you in advance.

Found another board that has the same trouble, merely no solution withal. Mendeley says up to 5 days earlier they expect to respond to my question. Have not found a solution still.

Pontificia Universidad Javeriana

Aye. Aforementioned with me. I was reading the all-time option is downgrade to version sixteen.xx.

King Juan Carlos University

I have the same problem. Please, if Mendeley answer you, tell us. Thanks

Will share Mendeley reply - if I get ane. My approximate is that it will be a new version—

Pontificia Universidad Javeriana

Hello. I but downgrade the word version to 16.20 and mendeley works perfectly. Hope could help y'all.

Mendeley says to downgrade to previous version of Word. They are working to make information technology compatible with newest version of give-and-take, just didn't say when this would happen.

Mendeley says to downgrade to previous version of Discussion. They are working to brand information technology uniform with newest version of word, just didn't say when this would happen.

Universidade NOVA de Lisboa

I has plant the solution for MAC here:

I hope it could help yous

Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria La Fe

Hither is response from Mendeley

Hi,

Cheers for contacting Mendeley Support and for bringing this to our attention. Please be informed that at the moment, Mendeley Desktop isn't supported in Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave). Even if an OS is non supported, Mendeley Desktop might still operate to a satisfactory level on it however we might not be able to offering full support or fixes for any bug. That having said, this plugin error appears specifically in MacOS Mojave with versions 16.20 and 16.21 for Discussion. Residual bodacious that this has already been reported to the relevant squad for further activeness. In the meantime, we take devised a gear up of steps that can somehow aid and prevent this mistake. Although, this has not been confirmed by the developers and isn't working 100% of the fourth dimension, it's yet worth a try:

  1. Downgrade your Word to version 16.19 using this link: https://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/C1297A47-86C4-4C1F-97FA-950631F94777/OfficeMac/Microsoft_Word_16.nineteen.18110915_Updater.pkg
  2. Sync
  3. Uninstall Mendeley Word plug-in.
  4. Uninstall Mendeley Desktop.
  5. Reboot device/machine.
  6. Download and reinstall Mendeley desktop using this link: https://www.mendeley.com/autoupdates/installers/1.xix.3
  7. Reinstall Give-and-take plug-in.

We regret that we won't be able to provide a definite timeline for at present when the support for MacOS Mojave volition be released. But nosotros'll sure have it announced to our support page one time information technology is official. Cheers very much for agreement. If you have any further questions, delight let me know.

I hope this is helpful. Should you have other queries/concern, delight experience free to send me an electronic mail.

Best regards,

Jhoana Monique Barrota Research Products Customer Support Mendeley

@ Jose Luis Perez-Gracia

Your direction did well to me. I solved my problem. Thank you very much Jose Luis Perez-Gracia. I recommend others to follow the procedures given by Jose Luis Perez-Gracia..

There is likewise the problem, that the mendeley index doesn't work with the word index. And then if you have created index entries in Word, y'all have to delete them first in order for the mendeley plugin to piece of work. To do this follow the steps below:

  1. Click Ctrl + H to open the "Discover and Supervene upon" window
  2. Type ^d XE under "Find what"
  3. Click Supervene upon All

Nueva Granada Military University

this problem happened to me because mendeley was upgraded to version i.xix.3 on Mac, downgrading the mendeley version to version one.nineteen.2 fixing this problem

How-do-you-do All,

Here'southward a different solution that doesn't involve a fresh install of word: in Word, get to file ->options -> add-ins. Look for Mendeley in the 'disabled supplication add-ins'. If its there, you can choose 'Manage: disabled items' in the box beneath, and re-enable information technology.

I had the same problem: Mendeley plugin was at that place, but first Word (for Windows) didn't permit to save the certificate, and some time later, when I tried to insert a reference, an error message pop up box appeared, related to an error 5097.

The Technical Support from my University checked the computer, reinstalled both Office 2016 Professional person and Mendeley (1.nineteen.3), and couldn't observe the trouble.

However, they realized that the administrator business relationship didn't prove any problem. So, they created a new Windows account, and this ane does not have the problem: Mendeley plugin works fine.

Information technology's a hard pick, starting a new Windows business relationship from zero, but it worked for me.

probably you need after installing the plug in yo and u are not able to see information technology, you need enable information technology from File\Options\Add-ins or y'all need to install new office

I faced the same problem. you can solve it by reinstall the software of Mendeley. Then from its tools press uninstall MS Discussion Plugin. At present restart your computer, become to tools again and install MS Word Plugin and install Web importer. Afterward that go to your word file, open it, then become to references inside your discussion file yous will find all the tools of Mendeley there which should work completely fine.

I call back you can solved the event by updating to the latest version of the Mendeley Desktop and the MS Word Plugin.

I came accross a similar issue (Citation/bibliography wrongly placed in index surface area) and I first followed all the tips mentioned hither above but then later a while I noticed that I had some old EndNote citations in my document. Once removed everything was working again nicely. To check if they are EndNote reference I

1. Click the cursor in citation

2. Printing Shift+F9

3. If EN.CITE so remove

BAsically post-obit Jose Luis Perez-Gracia'southward answer at the height.

Nottingham Academy Hospitals NHS Trust

But enter to the debug console past pressing Ctrl+Shift+D whilst you're using mendeley, go to settings>General_HttpServerPort and modify the port from 50002 to 50003 (or whatever it works for you). Then close both word and mendeley and outset again (I would suggest to restart your machine, just to be sure). And voilà!!!

  • xix.54 KB

Hi guys

I have also faced the same problem. This suggestion by many previous comments has worked for me: File\Options\Add-ins in give-and-take document.

Many thanks.

The University of Sheffield

This is simple and works amazingly:

While on the discussion document:

1. printing CTRL+SHIFT+* to show paragraph marker icon

2. press ALT+F9 to show index

three. Click "references toolbar" then click "insert citation"

iv. if the mistake appear, press delete(this deletes the greyness highlight index).

5. Echo (three) and (four) until the error terminate. Your problem is solved.

Hello Dear Kaisjer ; I had same problem. I solved problem with this simple method.

1. I opened Mendeley plan

2. I clicked Tools tab

3. I clicked " Install MS Word Plugin" after problem was solved

some1 mentioned problems with office 365, which for what it seems, mendeley havent produced a give-and-take compatible plug in... switched to zotero and works fine

This a trouble I accept found using endnote, mendeley and zotero - the common variable is Give-and-take so that must be the culprit! Anyway THE WORKING SOLUTION is described below and has worked for me several times.

Taken from communication in link below.

The instructions are:

"... turned on field lawmaking by pressing alt+F9. I constitute this fleck of code: "{ ADDIN }" appended to the end of the field lawmaking for my embedded graph. Once I deleted that item the certificate became functional again. I just replicated the same prepare in a backup version of the file I had made, it really is just that piece of lawmaking.

It looks like there are other pieces of code containing "ADDIN", based on a ctl+f search, ane for each of my citations. But this { ADDIN } was the only 1 that was sitting alone, with nothing else in its curly braces.

And then here are the steps:

1) Hit ALT+F9

two) Search for ADDIN (I didn't get a result for { ADDIN, only the letters themselves worked)

3) Delete the search upshot that is { ADDIN } solitary

4) Try to refresh your bibliography to see if it'southward fixed!"

Ricerca Sistema Energetico

For Mac users,

Alt+F9 in mac is fn+choice+F9...

If you have a lot of references information technology can be tricky to find those that are in the wrong format. An piece of cake solution I constitute is:

i. In Give-and-take Mendeley plugin (Refences tab), choose Consign as... without Mendeley fields.

2. In the exported document, click Alt+ F9. Those references that Mendeley could not handle are visible with brackets, e.g. {ADDIN Endnote....}

three. Delete the faulty references in you lot original document

Heart for Marine Environmental Scientific discipline (MARUM), Universität Bremen

In my case, my discussion does not recognize anything. I did what you said (File/ Options/ Add-ins/ select Word add-ins/ Get/ check for choosing Mendeley/ Ok), the Mendeley plugin is there, but at the end nothing change. It was working usually. Anyone knows how to solve it?

  • 98.46 KB

In instance someone had the commendation is wrongly placed in index area mistake from Mendeley like me after an update, and could not solve it by deleting some citations, I was only able to solve this by;

1) uninstalling the MS plugin in Mendeley, nether Tools

2) uninstalling Mendeley in Control Panel

three) restarting computer

4) re-insalling older version of Mendeley by clicking the older .exe file

5) re-installing the MS word plugin in Mendeley, under Tools

Promise this helps. The Mendeley update cost me hours.

Regarding the commendation is wrongly placed in index surface area error, I besides got it after updating. I had to delete two references (they were highlighted when the error message came upwardly) and then it worked.

Dear all,

it seems that there are a lot of unlike solutions hither and it'due south definitely the case that sometimes one works where another does not.

I have found the solution I posted before indeed does not work now and I am in one case over again getting the citation is wrongly placed in index expanse error.

However, I accept institute a solution and it is related to an errant infinite which is appearing before "ADDIN" in the field codes coming from both Mendeley and Zotero (see picture fastened). Deleting this extra space seems to rectify the issue and the field codes are recognisable over again.

The solution is as follows:

-> hitting "Alt + F9" to show the field codes

-> hit "Ctrl + H"

-> in the Find what box, enter " ADDIN " (the spaces earlier/later ADDIN are essential)

-> in the Supercede with box, enter "ADDIN " (note that the space before ADDIN is deleted)

-> hit replace all

-> striking "Alt +F9" to hide the field codes.

Now Mendeley and/or Zotero should exist working commonly.

  • 32.89 KB

Southern Technical University -Iraq

Same problem, I just uninstall MS Word Plugin from Mendeley Tools>uninstall MS Give-and-take Plugin, then restart the PC and install information technology over again Then it work

The Ohio State University

Hello all,

I just had a similar trouble and afterward attempting all the above unsuccessfully I by chance was able to ready the problem very simply. This may not work for anybody just I had been trying to add the bibliography nether a formatted championship (ex. "REFERENCES" in bold). When I clicked the insert bibliography push button with the cursor next to/below references the discussion bibliography appeared simply no actual citations. I then cleared the formatting around where I was trying to insert the bibliography and it worked. Hopefully this saves someone else the hour I merely spent troubleshooting!

Press the pointer side by side to the quick access toolbar at the top-left corner of Word.

Click 'More than commands'

On the far left pane select 'Add-Ins'

At the bottom on Manage, select 'Word Add-Ins'

Then click go.

Bank check that the Mendeley plugin is nowadays and active in the listing of plugins that appears.

Restart Word.

University of Saskatchewan

Mendeley got slightly dumb in both of my computers (pc and Apple tree), but is however working. If I take likewise long to select the article I desire to cite, Give-and-take gives me a msg saying it is not synced with Mendeley (or something like that). Simply I just press "Retry" and later on a couple of seconds it shows the selected commendation.

The University of Edinburgh

Simply delete the references listed in the bibliography section , Salve, shut the document and re-insert again a new fresh bibliography , later on that you can work as usual.

I had the same issue, simply even updating to the latest version did not work at all, so I had to install an older version:

i. Close word.

2. In Mendeley, uninstall the give-and-take plugin.

iii. Utilise an advanced uninstall program. There are severals for free. I recommend IOBit uninstaller that deletes all leftovers. Restart your computer.

iv. Find an older version. It may exist difficult Just if you lot look here:

you may install an older version. I installed the 1.17.11 release. Practise not worry, no adware hither.

5. Install and login, install the word plugin

half dozen. Enjoy citing and referencing because it works again!

No need to delete all citations. Simply use an older version.

Blessings!

The University of Sheffield

I tried many solutions above (uninstall, alt F9, fifty-fifty irresolute from laptop to my PC) but in the end found that if I copied the text for which references weren't being added correctly and pasted it as text but, it would then permit me reference fine! It must have been some way I'd formatted the text.

Università Politecnica delle Marche

This less than two minutes video will surely solve the problem

Universiti Teknologi MARA

I just try the video and all proposition in a higher place.information technology worked for new MS file but not my thesis.stay appear the same..wrongly placed in the index area :(

Federal Academy of Amazonas

Two ways to solve.

First: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mendeley Desktop >>> double click on MendeleyWordPlugin. And so, return to discussion and voilà.

Second: Here is the trouble. I discovery when you apply some REMISSIVE INDEX mendeley don't work. Infortunately you must delete all fields {XE "whatever"} like this. I recommend brand some remissive index in the stop of your piece of work.

Instituto Nacional de Investigación en Salud Pública

Mendeley Desktop Discussion Plugin, Hyper-V and Windows ten version 1809 (October release).

Last updated on 31/07/2019 12.17 PM

Some users may be experiencing bug and seeing an error message "There was a problem setting upward Discussion plugin advice: The accost is protected".

Users will be unable to use Mendeley Desktop Citation Plugin with Windows 10 while running the new 1809 version if they have Hyper-V installed, due to a conflict betwixt the port ranges Hyper-V reserves and the default port Mendeley uses. This can be solved by selecting a different port for Mendeley Desktop to communicate with.

How

To change this port, please follow these steps:

  1. Load and sign in to Mendeley.
  2. Press Ctrl + Shift + D together to open the Mendeley Debug card.
  3. Go to the Settings tab.
  4. Scroll to the setting 'General_HttpServerPort'.
  5. Alter this to an bachelor port (e.g. this could be 61234).
  6. Close Mendeley and Give-and-take.
  7. Reopen Mendeley and bank check the error has cleared.

None of these suggestions works for me on my mac! whatever ane with some other solution?

The offset solution worked for me. Thanks.

Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS

none of the solution works for me. help

Technische Universität Dresden

Istanbul Technical University

Shakilu Jumanne, it simply worked on my mac.

Just click OK on the popup, and so delete the auto-selected reference. Repeat this until you don't have any error letters left. And so you lot're ready to go. Merely go on in heed that while applying these steps all other references created with software other than Mendeley (for example EndNote) will be deleted. I advise you get a copy before applying these steps.

I hope this works on your mac too.

Shahid Beheshti University

I closed the Mendeley desktop and MS word and reinstalled the previous version of Mendeley. When I reopened them, they started to work without problem

ethiopia public wellness institute

Jose Luis Perez-Gracia comment works for me

Thanks

Madrid Institute for Avant-garde Studies

I got the trouble of citations "citation/ bibliography is wrongly placed in index area, please delete the placed citation/ bibliography in index expanse". This was due to the fact that I wanted to do the abbreviations index.

1-In a word file, go to the habitation/paragraph and printing testify/hide

2-Search for "XE" (index entries)

3-Delete all "XE"

And so mendeley will piece of work every bit usual

The first suggestion worked for me. Thanks!

Glad to see all the updates here.

I think I take realized what has happened. It is MicroSoft that is trying to control things. When I tried to install Mendeley Cite, I had to log in to my MicroSoft business relationship. I had to concord that they could watch what I was doing in MS Word (and who knows what else). I am excited to take Mendeley dorsum bc information technology is the best referencing software I take constitute AND it is freely bachelor. Educators don't get paid much, so this is really an important contribution to my field (environmental science)! Cheers Mendeley!!!

Ethiopian Public Health Institute

I strongly argee with what Roberta_Martin stated about Mendeley desktop commendation. It is the more improve software for research cognition in writting.

I tried all the suggested solutions. None of them worked in my example. Merely here is my solution:

If yous see any error similar "formating citation" or "{bibliography}" endeavour this:

A) On your Microsoft word, in the Reference Tab, in the Citation box, at that place is a "Refresh" bottom. effort clicking this bottom as many as you run into the correct citation format!

If you lot see nothing (an empty space instead of your citation):

ane) Control+z (undo the chore)

two) now y'all come across some error like "formatting citation"

iii) repeat A

Bogor Agronomical University

it happened to me too. it seems the couse is the newest mendeley plugin disharmonize with word 365. it kickoff later on version 1.17.9. i far as i know, mendeley discussion plugin is using zotero plugin lawmaking (for the older version). perchance after version 1.17.9 mendeley start coding its own plugin,maybe. thats why information technology is't perfectly compatible with give-and-take 365. even now i still insist using version 1.17.9 and information technology is even compatible with endnote. i install both endnote and mendeley 1.17.9 at the aforementioned time and it work.

Federal University of Amazonas

You have to open C:\Program Files (x86)\Mendeley Desktop and click twice on <MendeleyWordPlugin>. You lot must shut Give-and-take before. You don't need reinstall or uninstall Mendeley. Dinul Asy'ari e @Nariman Mahabadi

University of South Africa

Thanks for the answers I was experiencing similar problem too.

Wow thanks. The first solution worked :D That saved my life. What a foreign work around

Its happened once in my thesis because I add together a table of Authorities

To solve this show paragraph from the home menu

one. go to search and supercede

ii. and type ^d TA

3. replace all

Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México (UAEM)

You have opened Mendeley Desktop to insert a citation or select a style merely you have non yet actioned this in Mendeley Desktop, until you do this Microsoft Word volition continue to be unresponsive.

Qué hago?

Give thanks you lot for the suggestions.

I have the aforementioned trouble with Discussion 2016 (Win 10). Mendeley 1.19.iv I was unable to insert citations or references. The Mendeley Cite Add-in however works fine.

After a few hours of troubleshooting, and coming across this link,

I tried the following. Based on the errors to a higher place i removed the inserted excel tables, and normal text tables from my certificate.

It works fine at present. Hopefully a fix an update can exist sent out soon. Hopefully yous can avoid the sinking feeling when a researcher or a student clicks on "Insert Citation" and you don't see your reference magically appear as it previously did.

cheers!

I had this problem:

I went through a lot of solutions but trust me :

The main problem is some error with the citations jut do ALT + F9 until all your grey errors are resolved. If information technology's not working information technology ways y'all haven't deleted the corrupt grayness citations. Just watch carefully and delete.in one case done refresh the citation bar. It will work fine.

Ben-Gurion University of the Negev

Hey all, if anyone is still having this problem. This is how I resolved mine, as I go this message ("Citation/Bibliography is wrongly placed in index area, please delete the placed citation/bibliography in index surface area") when I endeavor to cite.

I selected the index tool on the home tab. Information technology highlighted a text with an alphabetize ({XE}). I deleted the highlighted part and the Mendeley started working. Annotation I tried both the Cntrl F9 to search and remove "ADDIN" and deleting bibliography. Both didn't work in my case.

Hope this helps.

African Wellness Research Institute

HI Chidiebere Nnebuo,

would you kindly share a screenshot, I tried all these suggestions and it'due south not working still.

Ben-Gurion Academy of the Negev

I fastened screenshot indicating index tool on the home tab circled in red. Subsequently pressing information technology, it indexes the whole documents. Any give-and-take that is indexed will exist highlighted. Delete simply the highlighted word, and your document is good for further citations.

  • 143.01 KB

African Health Enquiry Institute

Thank yous for prompt response. I used the index tool, but in that location were no highlighted text. However, a colleague used ENDNOTE-checked on Word adds-in, and information technology seems ENDNote replaced Mendeley-not certain if this makes sense. Give thanks you once more for the help. In light of co-use of ENDNOTE and Mendeley-does this make sense?

Palacký University Olomouc

I take exactly the aforementioned problem, combination of index {XE} and Mendeley citation produce error "citation/bibliography is wrongly placed in index area mendeley"... If I remove all my indexed parts {XE}, it will work, but together not.

Ben-Gurion Academy of the Negev

I but utilize Mendeley. I think using both Endnote and Mendeley volition be problematic. Can you try uninstalling Endnote and try my suggestion over again? In my example, I use only Mendeley and when I selected the index tool. A word was highlighted with {XE}, and deleting the word made my certificate to work.

I think you need to remove/delete only the highlighted word {XE} when yous select the alphabetize tool. Afterwards that, I just unselect the index tool and proceed working with the document. I did not remove all the index in the document.

Promise this helps.

National Institute of Engineering, Agartala

Is any of the programs (Word or Mendeley) getting crashed.?

African Health Enquiry Institute

Busisiwe Nkosi I had a like upshot a few days ago. Mine was caused by the fact that all forth I was using my personal Microsoft account on my MAC. I and so decided to use the Establishment'southward account to take advantage of shared documents. So to resolve the Mendeley result on Office 365 (2016), nether the "INSERT" tab, I clicked on "Get Addins" and it directed me to AppStore:

I searched for "Mendeley" and clicked "Go Add together-in" >> "Open up in Give-and-take"

You tin can see the steps here:

I promise information technology helps.

African Health Research Institute

Thank you Nompumelelo, appreciated

Universidade Federal de Goiás

This is considering Macros are configured to disable automatically. Click on file> options> Trust Center> Trust Center Settings.

African Wellness Inquiry Institute

Howdy Carlos

The settings in my laptop has disable all macros with notification checked. which selection should I check.

Thanks

Hello guys

I had the aforementioned outcome merely I found out that word has disabled Mendeley. I enabled it (File > options > Add-ins > and then enable Mendeley) and worked for me. You may try it.

University of Southward Africa

Louisiana Tech University

I was having the aforementioned problem. When I would click OK nothing would appear. However, I discovered that Mendeley is actually adding the citations to the document, but they are not being displayed. If you click the refresh button past the insert citation button, so the reference field will be updated and those references that y'all added that did not evidence volition now be shown.

I have attached an paradigm of where to click. Hope it helps!

  • 7.15 KB

Hey,

I had the aforementioned trouble. I fabricated me mad. But finally figured out the reason.

This is non a trouble with Mendeley or any other citation app or the discussion. The reason is that already an alphabetize exist in your word file. In fact, you previously had an index in the the discussion (like an EndNote commendation); and the word file is getting confused and cannot alphabetize new one. Then, what should nosotros practice?

a) remove the previous index, merely not the text,

b) you lot can add the new one

See the beneath instance, and attached motion picture:

For example, if you have a file that was previously cited using EndNote, then yous have to remove its index attribute of it (not the commendation nor text). How is it washed?

To remove Endnote alphabetize, y'all can come across picture (it has an option of "Catechumen to Patently Text". Then a new file pops upwards that has all the things that were in previous file, simply not indexed. Then, you tin can add a Mendeley citation or etc.

If the word file was previously indexed by some other app or software, figure out how to remove the index, and modify it to a plain text. And so, you lot are free to add together new ones :)

  • 143.89 KB

Similar questions and discussions

Scientists Support Ukraine

  • Ijad Madisch Ijad Madisch

Like so many, I am shocked and saddened at seeing state of war break out in Europe. My thoughts – and those of the ResearchGate team – are with the people of Ukraine and everyone affected.

ResearchGate is an international visitor, whose purpose is to enable scientists across the world to work together openly and collaboratively, regardless of borders or nationality. We take people from over 40 countries on our staff of effectually 200, and being based in Berlin, nosotros are profoundly enlightened of the human cost of conflicts, the echoes of which have shaped and scarred our dwelling house city. Nosotros bring together with the international community in condemning the actions of the Russian country.

We have been asking ourselves: What can we do?

From today, we will offer free advertisement space worth $ii.five million on our network to humanitarian organizations working to respond to the crunch. ResearchGate benefits from over 50 million visitors every month, and we hope this initiative tin can assistance heighten funds and sensation for those organizations that are having straight bear on and need support.

We also want to employ our platform to highlight the response from the scientific community. Personally, I have found the messages of support from scientists everywhere to be truly heartfelt, and I would like to highlight some of the customs initiatives I've seen here:

  • Scientific discipline for Ukraine provides an overview of labs offering a place for researchers and students who are affected to work from, also as offers of employment, funding, and accommodation: https://scienceforukraine.eu/
  • Labs supporting Ukrainian Scientists is an expansive list of labs and PIs offering support at this time. Submissions become here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/eastward/1FAIpQLSeRGe5Da_b6GGyC6VT7CLGViGs06SzeuX7wRKpC4K5tnvlhgg/viewform Find the full list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HqTKukfJGpmowQnSh4CoFn3T6HXcNS1T1pK-Xx9CknQ/edit#gid=320641758
  • This open letter from European scientists expressing solidarity and promoting peace is open up for signatures: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/an-open-alphabetic character-from-european-scientists-against

Additionally, I'm posting hither some of the organizations responding to the crisis and actively soliciting donations:

  • Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF): https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/what-nosotros-exercise/countries/ukraine
  • The United nations Refugee Agency: https://donate.unhcr.org/int/en/ukraine-emergency
  • UNICEF: https://world wide web.unicef.org/emergencies/conflict-ukraine-pose-immediate-threat-children

To help assemble more than support for these initiatives, delight consider sharing this mail further (you don't need a ResearchGate account to encounter it), and I will continue to update it with other initiatives as I find them. You lot can as well click "Recommend" below to help others in your ResearchGate network see it. And if you lot know of any other community initiatives that we can share hither please let us know via this grade: https://forms.gle/e37EHouWXFLyhYE8A

-Ijad Madisch, CEO & Co-Founder of ResearchGate

-----

Update 03/07:

This list outlines country-level initiatives from various academic institutions and enquiry organizations, with a focus on programs and sponsorship for Ukrainian researchers:

  • https://www.labsarena.com/back up-ua/

Related Publications

Panduan cara melakukan sitasi dan tutorial penggunaan Mendeley Citation Manager untuk penulisan karya ilmiah

Got a technical question?

Get high-quality answers from experts.